Charles Ward & Louise Lovette Seabury - 1956

The Seabury Foundation was established in 1947 by Charles Ward and Louise Lovett Seabury in keeping with the couple’s lifelong commitment to caring for their neighbors and contributing to their community. Early interests of the Foundation included the major cultural and civic institutions of the City of Chicago, educational opportunities for those who could not afford them, conservation, healthcare, and opportunities for city children. Over 75 years later, the Seabury family (now in its fifth generation) honors their legacy by striving to thoughtfully support a variety of organizations committed to making the world a better place.