The Seabury Foundation has recently completed a Strategic Plan process. Part of this process included implementing an electronic LOI/Grant Proposal Process and creating a grant making initiative in Benzie County, Michigan. We are happy to report we have implemented both initiatives, so please see below for details, including our new deadlines.
- The Seabury Foundation meets 3 times a year: March, July, and October.
- If your organization serves individuals in the city of Chicago, and meets the grantmaking guidelines found under our Goals & Objectives page, you are eligible to submit an unsolicited LOI for each of these meetings (see the chart below for submission deadlines).
- If your organization is located in Benzie County, Michigan and meets the grantmaking guidelines found under our Goals & Objectives page, you are eligible to submit an unsolicited LOI for the July meeting ONLY (see chart below for submission deadlines).
Family Sponsored LOI’s:
- If you have been invited by a family member to submit an LOI, you are eligible to submit for one of the meetings in March, July, or October (see chart below for submission deadlines).
IMPORTANT SUBMISSION INFORMATION:
- EVEN IF YOU ARE A PAST GRANTEE YOU MUST STILL SUBMIT AN LOI FOR A NEW OR RENEWED GRANT.
- IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY EMAIL BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS (4:30 pm CST) ON THE DUE DATES BELOW, NO EXPECTIONS.
- IF THE DUE DATE FALLS ON A WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY, THE LOI WILL BE DUE BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING FRIDAY, AND NOT ON THE DATE AFTER THE HOLIDAY OR WEEKEND.
- IF YOUR ORGANIZATION IS NOT INVITED TO SUBMIT A FULL PROPOSAL FOLLOWING YOUR LOI, OR IF YOUR FUNDING REQUEST IS TURNED DOWN, ONE FULL YEAR MUST ELAPSE FROM YOUR LOI SUBMISSION DEADLINE BEFORE WE WILL CONSIDER ANOTHER LOI.
- IF YOU ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL AND RECEIVE AN AWARD, YOU MUST WAIT A FULL YEAR BEFORE APPLYING AGAIN THROUGH THE LOI PROCESS.
LOI Submission Instructions:
- Please review our Goals & Objectives page to make sure you are eligible to submit an LOI.
- Download the LOI here: Seabury Foundation LOI.
- After completing the LOI, please email to Allison Armstrong, Program Officer, at email@example.com, along with your organization’s up-to-date IRS 501 (c) 3 letter.
- If you have any questions about your eligibility or have general questions about the grantmaking process, please reach out to Allison Armstrong, Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (312) 587-7146.
Full Proposal Instructions:
- If you are invited to submit a full proposal, instructions will be provided via email.
|LOI DUE DATE||PROPOSAL DEADLINE DATE||MEETING DATE|
|October 15||December 1||March|
|March 15||May 1||July|
|June 15||August 1||October|